Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year's in Chilly Chewelah

Happy 2011! We spent New Year's in Chewelah, a ski slope 1hr north of Spokane, at the Reinbold's beautiful home. There was a house-full, 20 of us. Including (2) 1 year olds. As always, we had a wonderful time.

It is literally a family play land- snowmobiling, skiing, hot tubbing, pool, and pinball. In addition to just plain vegging out, eating, and a little Wii , we enjoys some fun in the snow (it was a whopping 11 degrees in the afternoons).

This is ice on the deck railing. A purple, icy cold sunset.

One rare moment where G was sitting down.





Kyle fell in love with snowshoeing. I went up with him after he and Susie had plowed us a trail.

The trail.


The deep snow.




And, TA DA.... the view.


In auntie Marcie's new snowboarding boots.






Pink cheeks after some sledding.



Grant and Riley on a snowmobile, or as G says, "bike."



One other great memory was the snowmobile trip we took to the top of the mountain at night, brrr it was chilly, but is was very fun. Our trip was let by the two troublemakers, Tim and Derek. Thanks for the ride even though my face almost froze off. The face shield on my helmet froze over so I had to ride with it open! I tried to snap a picture at the top, this is all I got.....did I say "Brr?"



No comments:

Post a Comment